This has been an eventful year for me since I decided to go for it and do what I want to do with my life and my creative work.
I’m proud to say that this year I:
- declared myself an independent author,
- published my first full length novel,
- opened my Etsy crafts store,
- started reaching out to readers and other writers in spite of my anxieties, history of disappointments, and general fear of people,
- found my love of writing again,
- started trying to acknowledge my social network (two friends and a supporter),
- bought two proof copies of my novel,
- actively sought out reviewers,
- published 3 short stories/novellas,
- started a blog I know no one reads instead of sticking with my previous platform of over 600 followers on Twitter and across 6 blogs on WordPress and Tumblr,
- seemingly gained two supporters in my family along with some acknowledgement from my mother and sister,
- bought a domain for a self-hosted blog/website,
- ended my self-hosting service days later and broke up with “getting noticed”,
- put myself out there,
- started to respect my own work and creative space,
- made the choice to let the reader decide instead of being too afraid to publish from fear of dislike and obscurity,
- started and finished a new short story (and with two different versions and three different endings too ^_^).
- started trying to write everyday and finish old work before I start new work.
And so much more to come, the year isn’t over yet!